Friday, February 20, 2004

I guess I should start with this past weekend. I did not travel anywhere. Instead, I embraced my status as an 'international student.' By going to parties with my flatmates and sleeping in late. I guess I never find it less entertaining to be the only American and be identifyed vaguely by my accent. Friday night was a birthday party at the house of some Spanish girls. Then, on Saturday some Greek (as in - from Greece) management majors threw a party at their house. Definitely has me meet an eclectic range of people, the fewest being actual Brits I think.
The week has been relatively uneventful. I go to class, take naps, read books, and hang out with the flatmates. I have also been attempting to plan eventual travels and study abroad this summer. I decided to not do any really long trips until after spring break in order to conserve what little money I have. It's tough when everything is twice as expensive at home. At least they have public transportation here I guess. This summmer it looks like I will head to Australia for 6 weeks. Quite a bit different from my original plan of costa rica, and even my revised plan of Argentina. It will mean giving up on earning a Spanish minor, but I will get to travel around much of Australia and stop by New Zealand and maybe Fiji on my way home.
Wednesday night, Julie and Darchelle arrived via London from where they are studying in Madrid. Spent a couple of hours at The Bell, listening to the band until things closed as always at 11. Yesterday we got a rare day of sun and spent the majority of it wandering Bath, even finally going on the free walking tour that the Mayors office does. I'm done with classes for the day, so for entertainment we're going to see the matinee of 'Touching the Void' at a cinema nearby. Hurray for student discounts! Nothing huge planned for the weekend, but on Saturday I'll spend the day with the girls in London.

No comments: