Saturday, February 28, 2004

Another week gone by... Nothing incredibly significant happening on this side of the pond. Still in search of a job. Trouble is that in a few weeks I'll be off traveling for 3 weeks straight... so now I'm searching for temping type positions. Wednesday night went out with a bunch of british management post-grads. Definitely hanging out with a different crowd here then I would at home. Quite honestly I miss my network of fellow science majors. Since my chem classes meet just once a week it's been hard to meet anybody more or less gain confidants that would cover/take notes for me if I were gone. At any rate, the real excitement came on Thursday when it snowed! As I have no classes on Thursday, I got to watch it from the comfort of my room and enjoy the view. Apparently it was chaos outside. Less then an inch, which all melted by the next day. But they shut down buses to/from the university at 5pm, everything closed early, my flatmates that drove home where in the car 1.5 hours to get back as apparently a bus had slide off the road and blocked traffic. The next day headlines all read 'Chaos in the Snow!' haha. Obviously these English are not quite used to snow. So this weekend the goal is to search for a temp job, enjoy my reading, and make a bit of headway in writing my senior honors thesis for dr. waser. I suppose I should make the best of this afterall... this is the last time for a long time that I anticipate doing such great quantities of nothing....

No comments: