Wednesday, February 04, 2004

I don't think I did much after Taxim Square... Walked a french and american to the metro stop to figure out where it is when I have to go to the airport. then got followed back by a weird old guy. I have resorted to speaking only in Spanish and calling them names in said language. no one here speaks it. and they still dont leave me alone. everyone in the world just trying to sell carpets. geez. I'm working on my comebacks too... amazing how good it can make you feel. probably not nice, but fun.

So yesterday woke up and was all ready to do good cultural activities. Spent an hour or two wandering around in the Hagia Sofia. amazing building. Even got myself into the Blue Mosque right before lunchtime. Thought I was going to have to cover my hair but didnt. Unfortunately the rest of the day I was out of commission due to unhealthyness. Got two new roomates - an american and a norwegian. Good people that I am meeting at 11 to go see the Topkapi Palace. After that maybe a Hamam? Anyway, I guess I dont have much but wanted to let ya know I am still alive...

No comments: