Monday, May 03, 2004

So not much new really. Random news is that I was running on Saturday while wearing a Purdue shirt of some sort, and two people on bikes came from behind me and yelled 'go purdue' at me. So of course I yelled something similar back, and they stopped to have a chat. Turns out they were a brother and sister from Ft. Wayne of all places and they'd been living in England for the past few years. All of their family has gone to Purdue so it was quite nice to hear a friendly accent.

Sunday I went on the residence halls trip to the Eden project in Cornwall. http://www.edenproject.com/ A VERY long bus ride - about 3.5 hours each way. But I managed to mostly finish my chemistry flash cards. It worked out perfectly since Sunday was the one day of sun in the past week! Spent a good 4-5 hours just wandering the impressive biodomes - one is the largest greenhouse in the world supposedly. The whole thing was worth it just to see what a pineapple plant looks like. Got a chance to work on my English tan while wandering the grounds. Quite a nice day trip, and back for a couple of parties on the floors below mine.

A bank holiday today meant no classes, and I've been attempting to cope with not doing very much. Class on Wednesday and hopefully to Wales on Thursday for some serious hiking.

No comments: