Tuesday, May 18, 2004

Chester Trip

well just got back from a very quick trip up to Chester - right on the border of Wales and N. England. After my full day of lectures (2 of them plus a workshop and making sure my bio practical got turned in on time) I hopped on a train headed north. After the incredibly typical yet still painful delays, ended up in the Chester train station. Managed to find Beth, who I originally met back in Greece where she was working as a scuba diving instructer on Rhodes. Since then she's been in NZ and out west in the US as a ski instructer. Went out with her and a kiwi friend of hers that happened to be in the vicinity. A few drinks and now I have a contact in Christchurch who even has a car... Turns out Beth is going to be down under soon too - working skiing in Oz. Maybe meet up again for some free lessons! Anyway, went back to Beth's home near Wrecsam, Wales, met her parents, and slept in today. More gorgeous weather though, so we finally go ourselves moving and into Chester. Walked around town, saw the walls, walked along the river and had an ice cream cone. Good times catching up and so much sun is still a shock. At any rate, trains and more delays but I'm back and obviously avoiding finishing my big chem project thats due on friday morning.... sigh.

No comments: