Wednesday, January 14, 2004

well, guess it's been a few days so i'll check in..
after my marathon of travel - had to have been a good 48 hrs of nonstop running around, trying to nap in buses, airplanes, and airports. I am now in prague and having quite a time! I enjoyed my 4 hours in Bath where the gals at the reception enjoyed my 'wonderful american accent.' haha. one kept telling stories about the 9 times she's been to america and how great it is compared to england. anyway, bus-ed it to stansted airport where i sat around for 7 hrs waiting for my flight. not bad as the whole place was filled with people doing the same thing - lots of the cheap flights leave from stansted so all the other students and poor people leave from there.
Arrived around 10:30am yesterday. Sat next to a czech woman on the flight who seemed amazed that I would travel by myself. Told me how she would never go to Romania... ah well. i like to live dangerously.
Had some minor difficulties finding the hostel. My fault of course - intracity transport has never been my strongpoint. But now I have a map, I'm oriented, and I have the bus/tram/metro system figured out more or less.
Made friends with a nice Austrailian girl in my dorm- Anna - woke her up when i came in as she was sleeping off the absinthe from the night before. i wanted to get out and do stuff, but it was raining, so I only managed to go to the grocery store and take a nap. Anna and I went out later and had a nice dinner, walked around, met a couple of americans also in our hostel and walked all 2 hrs back.
This morning we did the 4 hr walking tour of Prague, excellent. All the way from Wensealus square to the Prague Castle. Now I'm taking a break, catching up on sitting. Tonight we're headed for a puppet show. A local specialty... out for now!

No comments: