Sunday, January 18, 2004

I have an hour of free internet access at the hostel here in Brasov, so I thought I'd grace you all with another update. I hoped on a very full couchette last night - got into one of the very top bunks.. I must be getting the hang of it since I slept quite well. This morning the kind romanian couple left in the couchette gave me all sorts of advice about avoiding gypsies and not going out after dark. Turns out that they live in Brasov and they pointed out the way to all the necessary buses etc to get to the hostel. Crazy good times. At the hostel I met an English girl from Manchester and a guy from Boston. Became a millionare at the atm when I withdrew 1,000,000 lei. Once again convince people to go on an adventure with me - this time to Draculas castle. Definitely an adventure as it took almost more time to get there and back then look around the castle effectively. After managing to get back to the main square we ate at 'bella musica' - recommended in all of our guides. Deserving of it as well as a gorgeous meal, drink, and free extras (a shot of palinqa, plum brandy, served before the meal as well as some tortilla chips as it was a combo mexican, hungarian, romanian restaurant) and tip cost me less then $5. Verdict : if you're in Romania, you should definitely stop by this part of the country, it's blanketed in snow right now but not bitterly cold. You can look up around the town and see the Carpathians. Brasov might be the sixth largest city in Romania, but it would be lovely to spend some time here. Sleeping here tonight, a day in Bucharest, and on to Bulgaria!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[url=http://vtyupdr.com]gTKgnXwV[/url] - PRFZObJ , http://iluubcb.com