Tuesday, August 24, 2004

i thought i updated already...

So I thought I wrote an update since skydiving out in the glaciers of new zealand! apparently it didnt take if i did write something. A full day bus ride to Queenstown where the place was in full swing for ski season. Nice quiet hostel. Spent the next day out and about tramping around town - lucked out and had good weather. gorgeous setting. Glacial lakes set amongst snow covered mountains. Queenstown is more or less just a big ski base, so I almost felt bad not going - but when you are a horrible skiier its not as much fun to go fall down a mountain by yourself! So anyway, got my workout wandering these deserted trails up in the hills around town and down by the lake. The next day (thurs.) was my day of traveling back home: queenstown to auckland to LA to chicago to Indy. definitely got my frequent flier miles in. all a blur of course by now. called home from LA and got some friends that had moved in already at purdue to come to indy to pick me up.

spent a couple of nights on their couch - had to be at purdue on friday morning at 8am for band student leader training. Cymbal section leader this year - a bit stressful, but its got its good points. Lots of work before auditions even happened on Sunday. But luckily it turns out that I didnt have to march drill during band camp! almost relaxing! hahaha. So an entire week of band camp trying to get 6 rookie cymbal players into shape for the first game. Big tuba/drumline party on Saturday night to celebrate the end of my last band camp ever. time flies! We're going to have a great time this year - we're already getting along so much better and our group of student leaders is working together as versus the debacle that happened last year. I already know my only free weekend is that of Nov 6th! Time consuming to balance on the games i have to go to and those that we are taking drumline roadtrips too (northwestern and penn state)

Not to mention that I am supposed to be applying to grad school, taking GREs and of course finishing up classes. Nothing too bad in and of itself, just everything adding to make a decently hard semester. Friday and Saturday I'll be at mortarboard leadership camp at Camp Tecumpseh. Jumping right back into it.

No comments: