Monday, July 26, 2004

Last week in Sydney

So anyway... I finished my gigantic history paper!! huzzah. definitely the accomplishment of last week.  Last Tuesday had an excursion around the Rocks area of Sydney with Bruce and Rawe - a great pictoral history with a free pint at the end ;)  quayle ale is good stuff!  lord nelson's microbrewery.  Met Jenn Fisher for dinner again on Wednesday - a great Indian place - with Emily and Helen.  Girls night.  Thursday finished the paper and went out with some engineers to The Palace to overcelebrate.  Friday got to get up crazy early for a wine tasting tour in the Hunter Valley of all things.  Tried about 16 wines plus 4 liquors of various sorts... 3 wineries and a pub were included.  I actually like the scenery best I think... rolling hills of vinyards with montains in all directions.  Saturday was the last day in the city and I tried to get in everything I'd been putting off.  Recruited Jaime to come along with me for company.  We wandered around Newtown for a few hrs. all sorts of bookstores, thrift shops and coffee/tea shops.  Then up to the Glebe markets and an insanely long walk (in the ever present saturday rain of course) through darling harbour to the rocks for a giant pancake dinner with the energy mob.  Sunday an early early flight and now i'm in beautiful sunny Cairns!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

e,
be sure to stay away from the sharks!
xmom
p.s. have you been getting my emails?