Monday, April 26, 2004

Sunshine in England!

Well, nothing quite so spectacular as the three week spring break saga, but here's what I've been up to. As of this week I will only have 2 hrs of class mon and 2 hrs on wed. Apparently since my biology class was meeting an incredible 3x a week, lectures finish nearly a month early. In my biopolymers class, I tend to chuckle under my breath as the lecturer explains DNA replication, PCR technique, and DNA fingerprinting... The class that is somewhat of a worry is synthesis of medicinal compounds - lots of complicated reactions that quite honestly i have a hard time getting enough motivation to memorize. plus a course work of retrosynthesis/synthesis of a compound. ick. having so much free time really just makes it worse if you ask me.
The sun has been shining here, with pleasant weather in the 60's/70's for a record 4 days! Everyone gets a little out of control - just sitting outside all day basically and going out every night. Went to the Bell on Wednesday to hear some live music with peeps from my field ecology course. Thursday went to play poker with the Americans. Friday night my flat had a going away party for Claude who returned to Luxembourg on Sat. Homemade lasagne and sangria made for a quality evening. Most of the rest of the weekend I attempted to spend outside - running, a cookout on Sat., sitting in Victoria Park with the flatmates and pretending to make chemistry flashcards sun. afternoon. Last night went with Mandy to see Kill Bill 2, a quality film indeed even though I probably should've saved my money and gone to some weekday matinee.
Well I'm off to enjoy the sun for as long as it lasts!

No comments: